Sunday, April 22, 2018

Saturn In La Crosse

Over the weekend I decided to let Sarah take her car back to school for the rest of the semester. There are a couple of reasons we never had her do it before. First, she tends to beat the hell out of her car. Try as I might, I can’t seem to get her in the mindset that because it is an older car, she really needs to baby it. With the small leaks, and other engine issues we have had, I just worry that something is going to go wrong, and I won’t be around to help her take care of it (see the New Year’s Day incident). Second, it is a long drive to LaCrosse. Granted, it should be able to make it there no problem, and she has driven it to visit her friends before (Oshkosh and Whitewater) but that was only an hour or so away, not three. And third, it’s a V-6, which just burns the gas! And with gas prices climbing, I worry that she will spend all her money gassing it up.

But on the plus side, I didn’t have to drive her back (6 hours round trip not including stopping for gas or eating). And that also means I don’t have to go pick her up at the end of the semester. I just pray that she is careful with it! See you in a three weeks Sarah!

0 comments: