Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Coyotes Nearby

For some time now we in SE WI have been seeing notices about coyotes roaming about in the rural areas.  Last night, I was shocked to hear the howling and yipping for coyotes outside my back door.  It was approximately 7:30 PM and I had just gotten home from Alison’s tumbling practice.  She was walking in the house and I was going back to put Sarah’s car in the driveway when the sound of sirens cut thru the air (They were fire trucks, because the air horns were going off as well).  As I was walking out to the car, I heard all sorts of howling coming from what I believed to be the Tamarak Swamp behind the clinic.  It was like you might hear in an old cowboy movie.  I was actually shocked as it sounded like a whole pack, not just one or two.  I told Kris to come and listen and she thought it might just be someone’s dog, but I have never heard any neighborhood dogs howling like that before.  One of these days I should get a trail cam and see if we have anything moving thru the backyard in the middle of the night.  Over the winter there were deer tracks in the front yard, why not coyotes?

0 comments: