Friday, January 4, 2019

Edward Scissorhands Day!


Happy Edward Scissorhands Day!  Oh, you don’t know what Edward Scissorhands Day is?  Well it is the anniversary of my first date with Kris.  On January 4th of 1992 she came over to the house I was living in near UWM and we watched Edward Scissorhands on a VHS tape that I had rented from Blockbuster. 

For a while the date came and went without fanfare, but a few years ago I started keeping track of it on my calendar.  This year, when I got home from work, I had sat down and it dawned on me I had forgotten to stop and get some flowers (not that they are needed, I just thought it would be nice).  I said, “Oh shoot” out loud and Kris asked what was wrong.  I asked if she knew what day it was, and right away she said it was the anniversary of our first date, and that she had actually mentioned it at work.  The new women she works with all thought it was neat, and sort of weird, that she would remember that.  Anyway, since it was a Friday night and we didn’t have anything else to do, I suggested breaking out the DVD and watching it, but I was shot down.   Kris said, when you think about it, it really isn’t all that great of a movie.  I have to agree.  It is just a little bit bizarre, though what Tim Burton movie isn’t? 

So Happy Edward Scissorhands Day!  It’s hard to believe it has been 26 years. 

0 comments: