Saturday, January 5, 2019

Starry Night


Today we drove up the Two Rivers to visit with Kris’s birth mother and her husband.  I don’t know if I ever explained that Kris is adopted and years ago (about 19 years ago now) we found her birth mother.  But it is a long story and I won’t go into it.  But after a nice day of visiting with them, it was time to head home.  As we were driving, I happened to look out the window and mention that it was a very starry night.  I forget how many stars there are living in the city and having the light pollution drown out most of them.  I never used to think that we lived in a large town, but we do get all the light pollution from Milwaukee.  It really reminded me of growing up in the Valley.  We didn’t live in the boondocks, but we could at least see the big dipper, North Star and other constellations.  That just doesn’t happen in Menomonee Falls.  I think we need to make a point of getting out of town more often (probably more in the summertime than winter) and just enjoy the night sky. 

0 comments: