Saturday, December 13, 2008

Business Trip

I spent almost five hours on a plane Friday traveling to and from Atlanta, GA for work. There is a lot of stuff going down at work and GE, the largest portion of our business base, is trying to sever ties with us, so we were down there meeting with people trying to salvage things. Hopefully we can still come back. Let's just say I'll be putting in tons of hours at work in the next four to six weeks.

But as I am leaving our gate in the airport on my way to the parking garage so I can get home and get some rest, I happen to notice standing at one of the gates on the way out is Sammy Llanas, co-founder and singer for the Wuakesha band the BoDeans in case you don't recognize the name. I had to do a double take to make sure it was him, but I was positive since I have seen the BoDeans several times. I wanted to walk up and ask for an autograph, but then thought that would be tacky. Besides, who wants to be hassled in an airport? Everyone there has already had to go through a hard time with security checkpoints, etc. He didn't need me bugging him. Still as I think back, it would have been pretty cool to just shake his hand, maybe find out what is in the works for the band. Oh well, maybe next time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I felt the same way when I saw Motley Crue in the Atlanta airport. Everyone in the gate was gawking and I felt stupid saying anything, figuring they didn't want to be bothered. But I am betting most everybody didn't even recognize Sammy (although I would have too) and he just may have been flattered that you knew who he was. Oh well, you'll now have to just live with the regret for the rest of your life.