Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Should I Be Mad?

We got a letter in the mail yesterday from the doctor's office. I had taken Sarah in on Sunday, December 21st to be checked out at the Urgent Care center because she had been throwing up for a couple of days and was on her third day of having at least a 100 degree temperature. They did a rapid throat culture which was negative and after listening to her breathe, etc. the doctor said he thought it was a virus and just to keep pushing liquids, give her motrin/tylenol, and make sure she gets plenty of rest.

She was feeling better... the fever went away, but she still has a cough and bad case of laryngitis. So the letter yesterday says that the normal throat culture came back positive and she has strep throat. Mind you this is now nine full days after having the culture. So we call to get her antibiotics and the nurse apologizes and gives us a bunch of excuses. But the bigger thing is that Sarah has been around many other kids. She went to school, she had functions with the family where there were other kids and Kris' parents who aren't in the best of health so I would think that they would be at risk. SO I ask and tell the nurse that Alison had been complaining last week of having a sore throat, but that it had apparently cleared up, though she too has now developed a nasty sounding cough. So as a precaution they tell me to take her to the lab and get a culture done.

An hour later they call me and say the rapid test came back positive and she too has strep throat. Nice! The nurse says she'll call in a prescription for Ali so I tell her to call it over to the hospital. As of 8:30 last night, they still didn't have it (we were notified about 6:00 that Ali had strep). So I call first thing this morning over to the clinic and they had the notes in their computer about her being positive and having the prescription called over, but no one ever did it. UNBELIEVABLE!

There are so many things to be mad at here I just don't know where to begin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2009 will be a better year. Look on the bright side.

Anonymous said...

I would be ticked. Sounds very frustrating.Grrrrr.. I can imagine your frustration.. Hope the girls get better very fast. I wonder if Christams presents from Mandy and Uncle Chris will make them feel better....?