Thursday, December 18, 2008

Busy Week So Far

This has been a pretty slow week for everyone but me. Beginning Monday I am going through daily meetings at work to try and salvage our business with GE. Unfortunately, the people I work with don't have the same foresight as I do. While I am trying to focus on satisfying and correcting the concerns that were relayed to us in our meeting last Friday in Atlanta, everyone else is focusing on other, more minor issues thinking that will solve their problems. I told Kris that it is a lot like a drug addict not being able to get better until they admit there is a problem. No one here wants to admit that there is a problem. They are focused on doing the same old stuff and just trying to smooth talk their way out of things. Well the business world is changing, or rather has changed, and you just can't do work with a multi-billion dollar company with a handshake and a nod anymore. You need to provide objective evidence of what you are doing. There, I feel a little better after venting now.

I finally got the girls' Reflections projects submitted. Looks like they win again by default. We had 6 total entries for the school, and only one category/age group had competition, so everyone who entered gets an award. I need to redo Sarah's project however, since Walgreens made the picture too dark. I know when we edited it, it wasn't that dark. As soon as I have them done I'll post the pictures here.

We (Kris and I) had lunch with Sarah and Ali yesterday at school for the annual student-parent lunch week. We had tacos, mmmm. But man, talk about grease! I wasn't feeling the best for the rest of the day, and either was Kris. When I got home, Mallory had come over to help Sarah with a project for school, so I had to help record a mock "news interview" she was doing with a character from one of her books.

That's all for now, since we have a big winter storm on the way and the prediction is for 10"-12", so I have to go make sure we're all ready for it before leaving for work (gas for the snowblower, enough salt, etc.)

0 comments: