Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pictures

I have finally gotten around to updating photo albums, well at least getting the photos for the photo albums. That is one bad things about having digital pictures I guess, you don’t need to print the photos. They get downloaded from the camera to the hard drive and then periodically put in CDs. It used to be that you would drop off your film and then pick up the photos to be put in albums. Now things aren’t as urgent, so you end up with what I have right now, almost two years worth of photos that need to be printed an placed in albums. I had an internet coupon from Walgreens for $.10 prints on orders of 50 or more, so I spent the better part of 3 and a half hours yesterday uploading photos to Walgreens to be printed (the coupon expired on 12/27). Overall I ended up saving almost $50 on them all, at least the ones I have uploaded so far (almost 1000).

I still have almost 200 to upload. You would think that they would make a feature for uploading an entire folder rather than having to do it one at a time. That is why it took so dang long, 12 pictures at a time was all I could upload, and at about 1-2 minutes per set of 12 (when things were uploading quickly), I was up until almost midnight doing it. The remaining ones are just getting put on a CD and I’ll take it in to the store to have them loaded/printed out.

0 comments: