Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Forgot to Brag

One thing I forgot to report was that we had Sarah’s and Alison’s teacher conference last week. Sarah’s teacher didn’t have one specific thing to have her work on, he had to give her the “always work to improve” because she is doing so well. Sarah is reading well above her grade level. I can’t remember what he said her reading level equated to grade level wise but she is a couple of levels above where the average fifth grader is reading. She is also ahead of where the average 5th grade math level is. Sarah attended the conference as well and she said that right now her favorite subject is math. Let’s hope that continues.

Ali also had a stellar conference. Her reading and writing is really improving. Her writing is getting better, especially over the start of the school year. Ali is also reading above her grade level and is already showing the desire to do second grade work in math. I guess that’s a good thing about being in a multi-age class. I have to admit I had my reservations when she started the multi-age class, but so far it looks as if she is setting in very well.

0 comments: