Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Christmas Tree

Kris and I went out shopping for a new Christmas tree yesterday. After last year, we just couldn't save the tree for another year. The top was broken as well as a bunch of the sockets for the branches. So we drove to a few stores looking to get a new one. The problem is that I HATED every one we looked at. The one or two that I did like were pre-lit trees, which I don't want. I end up putting on enough lights to heat the room (depending on how I am feeling, 1800-2500 lights). The unlit ones just look cheap, and the color of the needles looks unnatural.

We ended up settling on one that has some pine cones and red berries mingled within the boughs. Also, it is a little wider than I wanted. I was hoping to find one that was 44" in diameter due to our space contraints. We ended up settling on one that is 54". Hopefully it won't cause any problems going up. I am also hoping this tree lasts for a while.

0 comments: