Monday, November 30, 2009

Teacher Conferences

The Falls public schools had off last week, which means that we had teacher conferences (end of the trimester). Sarah is getting all A’s averaging from 93 to 99 in her classes. All of her teachers said she is a joy to have in class and does outstanding work. Kris and I were very happy to hear that. But we also found out that she is a chatterbox at times in class and needs to work on that. Plus, she goes overboard on getting her homework done, sometimes taking as much as 4 hours a night to complete it. I hate to tell her to take it easy because she is getting such good scores (it must be working right?) But I also want her to enjoy her free time a bit. I think it has more to do with her losing focus and letting her mind (and her feet when she's home) wander when she is doing her homework.

We also received a great report on Ali. Her teacher said she is one of the leaders in her class and that she can count on Ali to help her and the younger kids in the class when she needs it. The only thing we heard about her was the same as S.E., sometimes she is a little chatty when she should be listening. But her reading skills and writing skills are way above average. I think that coming up in the next couple of months we (and by we I mean Ali and myself) will be working on her math facts.

I am so happy that my girls are doing so well in school!

0 comments: