Sunday, October 10, 2010

Footprints

Before I went to get cleaned up from sealing the driveway, I needed to get things put away. As I was doing that and about to get in the shower, I heard Kris shout out the window to Alison. She was outside doing something or other and I heard Kris ask her why she needed paper towels. Then she walked downstairs, and I knew exactly what had happened. She had been outside blowing bubbles and was chasing them around and ended up running onto the wet tar on the driveway.... BAREFOOT. She didn't want to tell me (or Kris) because I had told her several times to stay away from the driveway.


So now there were several tarry footprints on the concrete and porch:


I was sort of mad at first, but as I was outside cleaning Ali's feet with a combination of baby wipes and turpentine, I softened a little. When I thought about it, it was sort of cute thinking that Ali thought she would be able to get her feet cleaned up with just a couple of paper towels. I don't know what she was going to plan on doing about the footprints on the concrete.

I ended up telling Ali about how my brother and the stupid kid that lived behind us when we lived on Alva St. walked through the freshly tarred street and then walked all over a brand new driveway.

It took about an hour, but I finally got her feet cleaned up. I figured I would take care of cleaning the concrete later, because we still needed to get to Kris's parent's house to help out.

0 comments: