Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jack-O-Lanterns '10

We are a little late this year with our jack-o-lanterns, but I just look at it like there is less time for them to rot on the porch. Alison helped me to start with on Thursday, and we finished Friday.



I even started showing Alison how to carve pumpkins. I drew the picture on the little one and let her do some cutting.


Next year maybe I'll try and teach Sarah how to carve a good pumpkin.

Here are what they looked like with the lights out. They should be very spooky on the porch on Halloween.





Saturday night I had to go out and get another one because one of the original four had started rotting outside while waiting to be carved, I tried to carve the rotten spot out, but it was just too big. So I did a quick carve job on it making Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare Before Christmas.


Sarah’s is the vampire one and I carved it Friday night while she was away that the Mall of America. So when she got home and saw the face I had carved for her she was very happy.

0 comments: