Thursday, March 17, 2011

Finally

Well I finally got my new laptop, and I have to say this will take a little getting used to. I have spent the last day and a half trying to reload all the programs I had on my old one and the first thing I'll say is that I HATE Windows 7. I am sure it is just a matter of getting used to it, but my initial reaction is that it sucks. Secondly, the Dell Inspiron that I bought has a different layout to the keyboard. Maybe it is just me, but it "feels" like the keyboard is set farther back so that I have to reach to hit the keys. It also has a larger keyboard in that it has a keypad on the side. Some of the keys are moved around too compared to my last laptop, such as the insert & delete keys to name a couple. Finally, the keyboard isn't as quiet as the old one when typing. This one makes loud "clicks" as you type rather than the soft, quiet touch I was used to with the last one.

I am sure I will find other things I don't like too, but I suppose I will just need to learn to live with it. At least I am back up and running I suppose.

0 comments: