Thursday, December 22, 2016

End of the Semester

Sarah finished her finals yesterday and I told her that I would drive up after work to pick her up.  Her friend from HS also needed a ride home and I told her I’d drive her back as well.  My plan was to finish work at 3:00, get home, change quickly, and be on the road no later than 3:30, so I would be in LaCrosse by around 6:30, and back home between 9:30 and 10:00.  Unfortunately, I had an issue pop up at work and I needed to resolve it before I left for the day since I’m on vacation until the new year.  After a lot of messing around and phone calls, etc., I ended up leaving work a little past 5:30, and I didn’t get on the road to LaCrosse until almost 6:00 PM.

I ended up calling Sarah as soon as I got home and letting her know I was way behind schedule to which I got an earful of attitude.  Gee, sorry that I have things that need doing at work before I spend six hours driving to bring you home.  I figured I’d just hit a McDonalds and eat in the car on the way.  The drive was good to start with thought it was a little bit crazy with traffic going toward Madison.  But once I got thru, traffic lightened up.  Then the only problem was the messy weather driving up because there was a little bit of a snow/slush mix.

I arrived at Sarah’s dorm around 9:00 and she and her friend had their stuff loaded up within 5 minutes, and then we were back on the road to head home.  I stopped to get gas in LaCrosse where I loaded up on coffee and Mountain Dew since I had been up since about 5:00 AM (and a few snacks, like Dolly Madison raspberry coconut Zingers, mmmmmm).  The drive home was uneventful and we were back in Menomonee Falls by midnight.

By the time we got home, I was ready for bed.  It’s a good thing that I took Thursday off so I can get a little bit of sleep before spending about 18 hours driving to Florida.

0 comments: