Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Not That Great of A Wall

So with all the hype over President Elect Trump saying he'll build a great wall along the border, I thought I would take a picture of the "great wall" we have now along the border in Arizona where I had to cross over to go to work every day.  It really wasn't much, and I don't know how we don't have more people jumping it.


It's hard to see, because the "fence" in the foreground is actually around the roadway into (and out of) Mexico.  I also had to be careful because technically the border crossing is a "no photo" zone.  The next one was taken the next day in a little better light.


 One of the guys who rides across on a daily basis told us that there are people called "hawks" that sit up on the hill and monitor the border patrol to get to know routines, etc. and will radio down to others when it would be "clear" to jump the fence.  I hope we do get the Great Wall Trump promised, 'cause this one just ain't cutting it.
 

0 comments: