Sunday, April 23, 2017

Cleaning Gutters

Since it was going to be nice out this weekend, I decided to do some yardwork. I was waiting for the temp to warm up and the ground to dry out a little bit before giving the grass its first cutting of the year. It is still patchy and not in the best shape yet. There are a few spots that actually has moss growing on top of the soil, which is a whole other problem that is on the to do list. But after doing the first trim, I decided to climb up a ladder and check the gutters.

I have tried gutter covers, gutter screens, and even mesh/screens at the downspout openings, but nothing has worked to keep the gutters clear, so I have just given up and decided that I should just periodically climb up and make sure they are cleaned out. So when I went up today, I managed to get three 2 gallon buckets worth of the little red seed/bud covers. What a mess. In fact, I had to unscrew a couple of the downspouts to get sections apart so I could get them out, since they had been packed so tight I couldn’t get them washed out with the hose. Now the next thing to do will be to wipe them down since they are stained with dirt from the water running over the tops because they were so jammed up. Again, just adding things to the list. My summer is going to be busy!

0 comments: