Monday, April 24, 2017

Well This Is Unfortunate

Today I was leaving for work when I happened to notice a dark spot on the garage floor.  I had noticed what I thought was a wet spot under the new car over the weekend but I didn’t think much of it because I thought it was just water dripping from the climate control system.  The old Santa Fe did that all the time, so when I saw the dark area, I just blew it off.  However, this morning after Kris left for work as I was getting into my car, I saw a large, dark area that looked “dry” and another spot that looked wet.  I thought, if this was water, why wouldn’t it have evaporated by now since Kris’s car had sat for at least 12 hours. 

I bent over and touched it, rubbing my fingers together and it was definitely wet and slippery.  And it smelled like oil.  What kind I didn’t know, but it was some sort of oil for sure.  So tonight when I got home from work, I crawled under the car to make sure, and there were a couple of beads of oil hanging off of a spot under the rear differential.  I don’t know where exactly it is leaking, but it is leaking, so I called the dealer right away.  There is no excuse for a week old car leaking oil.


When they found out it was a brand new car, they got me in right away.  So I will be taking it in tomorrow for them to look over.  Hopefully it is something that can get taken care of the same day.  I thought I would try tightening bolts and plugs, but I thought why should I do it?  It is under warranty and the job of the dealer/car company to make sure it is running properly, not mine.  So I am going to be making them do it.  Unfortunately, that means Kris is without a car for a day!  They better get this right!

0 comments: