Sunday, April 30, 2017

New Resident

When we got back from LaCrosse yesterday I noticed a robin that was hopping into the bushes in the front of the house.  Then as we got closer, I noticed some grass and leaves on the ground in front of the garage.  I knew exactly where to look, and sure enough, we had the beginnings of a nest in the crook between the garage light, the siding of the garage, and the downspout.  Then as we were bringing in the things Sarah sent home, I happened to notice a broken robin’s egg in the grass next to the back stoop.  I suppose that was why it was making a new nest?

I like having the birds in the yard, so I don’t mind that it is building a nest, as long as it is out of the way.  The only problem will be if and when I need to clean out the front gutter of the garage, or walking past the corner of the garage when I cut the grass.  If it doesn’t mind the garage door going up and down a couple of times a day, then I’ll leave it alone.  The last time this happened a few years ago, I found its eggs broken on the ground one day and it had just left.  I hope that the eggs actually make it this time. 

0 comments: