Saturday, April 8, 2017

Raking The Yard

It seems early in the spring, but it has been sort of warm and wet the last couple of weeks, which means the grass is starting to grow. It also means I am losing my opportunity to rake the thatch. So today was spent raking. I figured that since the front yard is drier (because of the pond in the yard behind me) I started in the front. I didn’t go all out and tried to do it a little faster. As a result, I felt like I didn’t get quite the amount of grass raked up. Although it could also be that since the grass is greening up, there isn’t as much dead stuff to rake up. After getting the front finished, I started on the back yard. There was much more back there, and much more debris, like sticks and broken branches, scattered about. Unfortunately, because the ground was too wet, I was only able to rake up the patio. Hopefully we’ll get a few warm, dry days so I can get the rest done.

One thing that I did notice, and it doesn’t show up will in this picture, is that I now have a wildlife trail right next to the fence. It is obviously from the squirrels and rabbits (mainly) that have to walk along my side of the fence since the guy behind me is a goof 3-4 inches underwater. You can see it start from the corner, then goes along the fence until the final panel where we have the honeyberry bushes planted. The trail goes under the fence, and then comes back up around on the other side of the fence going along the side lot line. I was mad at first since it is killing the grass, but I can’t really be mad at the animals for wanting to be able to walk above water, and not thru it. So I guess my anger should be directed at the guy behind me, who is already on my list because he is causing my fence posts to slide/tilt.



0 comments: