Saturday, April 8, 2017

Fence Isn’t Too Bad?

As I was raking I decided to check the fence posts. And they don’t look quite as bad as I originally thought. Don’t get me wrong, they are still slanting, just not as bad. If you stand at the one end and look down the lot line you can see which posts are no longer straight, and by how much. They are not as bad as I thought. Maybe that’s because the ground is not completely thawed? The next step though is to figure out how to get them straightened. I’ll have to do some searching online, but my first thought is to have to dig out some soil/grass on my side of the post, tie some ropes to it and pull it back. Then I’ll need to get some dirt to put on the opposite side to shore it up. That makes sense to me. Though I guess I’ll do some double checking. I just hope it won’t be something that I’ll have to deal with all summer in order to get fixed.

0 comments: