Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Prep Meeting

It is just under a month until the Indian Invite (actually just under 4 weeks) and we had a brief status update meeting at the high school tonight.  Everything is looking OK.  But we did find out that the team has a “store” set up with the official high school merchandising company for cheerlearing gear/spirit wear.  After looking it over, it was less than enthusiastic.  In fact I will go as far as to say it is uninspiring and generic.  I don’t know who at the high school is getting a kickback for using this place, but I would not want to wear any of that gear.



And it isn’t so much that the gear itself is bad (although I would say it is overpriced at the very least), it is the stuff that is screen printed on it.  Only a couple had the school logo (which I am not a fan of in the first place) and the rest was plain, wording; Menomonee Falls Indians.  Boring! 


Last year I remember having a problem with the gear as well in that the school didn’t want to allow us to use the official logo unless they got a cut of the revenue from it.  So I spoke to the mother that ran it last year and said, we should really look at making something specific to the cheer team, maybe come up with our own logo.  I made a few sketches, and if she was willing to take it on, I’d work on designing something cool.  But it would be something to think about.  The coaches were trying to not get involved because they didn’t want to end up getting in trouble with the administration or the booster club.  But my opinion is that if I wanted to design some shirts that said “Menomonee Falls Indians” and came up with my own logo to use, how can they stop me?  And if I wanted to wear said shirt to games or competitions, what can they do to stop me, make me take it off?  So stay tuned.  Maybe we’ll have some shirts and things to sell shortly.

0 comments: