Monday, October 30, 2017

Two Thumbs Up!



I got back from my annual trip to the doctor and lo and behold, I am healthy as a horse, or an ox, or whatever the expression is.  All of my numbers (cholesterol, glucose, etc.) have dropped.  The only thing I really need to do is lose about 7-10 pounds. 

However, I did end up having to make an appointment with an orthopedist to have a look at my thumb.  I say thumb, singular, but it is going to actually both.  I had previously gotten cortisone injections due to some pain in the joint, but I haven’t done it for about two years now, and had just resigned myself to the fact that I was developing arthritis or something and I would have to learn to live with it.  I told the doctor it was actually affecting how I write, and my gripping strength.  So he wanted me to go see the orthopedist and see if there is anything they can do to alleviate the pain, short of having an operation on the joint.  So I go in a couple of weeks to see just what is going on.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

0 comments: