Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Giving Tree

This year at work we were doing a "Giving Tree" for some of the needy/underprivileged  kids in the city of Brown Deer (which is where we're located).  Maybe we had one last year, but I don't recall.  Either way, this year I decided to grab a tag off the tree.  We are only supposed to spend $20-$25 on the gift, and the tag I grabbed was for a 12 year old girl.  It makes me sad when I see the list of things they want and it is things that we all take for granted.  This girl wanted Sharpies, a nail kit, a blue blanket, and Jolly Ranchers.  I remember years ago Kris had one at the hospital and some of things that people were asking for seemed a little outrageous to me, so it really brings things into perspective when you see someone who wants things as basic as a blanket, and candy.  We spent a little more than what we were supposed to, but not much, and we were able to get the girl everything she asked for.  I hope she enjoys them and has a good Christmas! 

0 comments: