Thursday, June 14, 2018

Making Progress

Over the weekend, I was able to get most of the cabinets together and what I was able to, got up on the wall. Things are slowly making progress. One thing I did realize however, it that there is a nasty slant to the ceiling. The corner cabinet went in relatively flush. There was a minor gap at the top, but it was hardly noticeable. However, in order to keep the subsequent cabinet straight, level, and even with the one next to it, the gap at the top began to get wider and wider. Until at the end of the run on the wall above where the stove is, there is a good ¼” gap between the cabinet and the ceiling. And I also had to slide a shim behind the cabinet that will go over the stove where the microwave will mount. I am hoping that I can get a pc. of molding to attach to the top of the cabinets that will end up hiding that gap. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don’t end up ruining things.

0 comments: