Monday, June 11, 2018

Waiting On Electricians

The day started out with calling around to find an electrician to come and work on the wires in the house. I wanted to install a couple of new outlets and get the wiring for the light fixed. I googled electricians in the Falls area and made a list of 3 or 4 to call. WOW! These guys are busy! The soonest any of them would even come out was the end of June. Most said the work was pretty straight-forward and gave me a general cost.

Kris then told me that one of her co-workers had some work done a couple of years ago and gave us the name of the electrician she used. I gave that guy a call and he said he could probably come out in a week. So he is the leader in the clubhouse. Another place that was recommended by another of Kris’s co-workers said they could come out and look at the work I wanted done in a couple of days. I actually expanded on everything for him, and told him what I had done, and what I was thinking before I ended up calling him. He said it was a good thing he called, because electrical code did not allow for some of the things I was going to do… like tapping into the series of outlets to power the outlet I was planning for the microwave. So he is coming out to look everything over and give me a cost for what it will be to get everything up and running the way it is supposed to run, as well as meet code. Now I just have to wait. So the kitchen project is on hold until I can get this stuff figured out, because I am not going to put cabinets up if they have to get moved or are in the way of electrical work.

0 comments: