Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Can’t Catch a Break

Why should I now be surprised that I can’t catch a break with this kitchen remodel?  We are at three and a half weeks, after having to wait a whole week to get a replacement cabinet panel.  And now, once I get the final wall cabinet assembled and I go to install the corner support braces I notice that there are cracks in the face frame, going all the way down to the hinges on both the top and bottom of the face.  I didn’t see it at first, because I was looking at the cabinet doors, but as soon as I opened the doors to screw the braces on, they were clear as day.  At first I thought it wasn’t too bad, especially if it was on the top, where it would be next to the ceiling and you wouldn’t notice it, but then I saw it on the bottom as well and thought it is ridiculous that I would accept that, just for the sake of putting it up and getting things back in order.

So then it was back to the phone to call in a warranty claim again.  They sent me an email to which I had to reply with photos of the damage.  The worst part is now I will have to wait another week before I get my replacement part to put the cabinet up.  I was holding off on attaching the base cabinets until all the wall ones were up and I wouldn’t have to worry about leaning over in order to attach the cabinets to the wall.  This in turn puts a delay on having the place come out and measure for the countertop, which also delays installing the floor.  This is just insane! I am so over this remodeling!  I realize it had to be done, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it!

0 comments: