Saturday, March 10, 2012

More Modem Issues

When I got home from work today, I thought I would give hooking up the new modem/router another shot.  I spent another half an hour unhooking things and hooking up the new modem.  I brought Kris downstairs with me to have her verify that I as following the instructions that were sent with the modem.  Once again, it didn’t work so I took to calling AT&T technical support, which I was trying not to do because I usually have a hard time either understanding them, or having them understand what I am saying.

I spent a good 20-30 minutes with them trying to explain what I had done and what kind of lights were lit up on the modem.  The guy I was talking to (somewhere in India I suppose) was giving me instructions and nothing was working, so after a good hour to hour and a half, He said he couldn’t do any more and was going to put in a service ticket for me, and that a service tech would be here Saturday between 12:00 and 4:00.  That is what I was really trying to do in the irst place, because I could have told the guy that following the instructions I was given wasn’t helping.  So check back tomorrow to see if we have phone and internet service.  

0 comments: