Saturday, March 17, 2012

TV Upgrade

Kris and I had finally had enough of out television. We bought it about three years ago and purchased the "protection plan" for it at the time. After a little more than a year, it developed a dark spot on the screen, a shadowed area. At first it wasn't too bad, but it gradually got worse and worse. We decided enough was enough and went to buy a new TV.

We had been shopping online last year, and actually had gone to Best Buy last year. At the time we were looking at a Sony Bravia but we decided to wait for a little while. So when we went this time, we were looking at the models they had online and had pretty much decided on the one we wanted. But when we started looking for the model we had decided upon, we came across the same Sony Bravia model we were looking at last year. It was clearanced for about 55% off the original price. I told teh salesman, that was the one I wanted, because at that price, I could have got a soundbar to go with it for the same price as the one we had gone in planning on purchasing. Unfortunately, the salesman came back and told us that we couldn't buy the Sony since they were all sold out, and they couldn't sell the floor model until they got another one in to replace it (I assume the new models). So that sort of sucked. Personally I don't think they should have the model out there on the sales floor unless they plan on selling it. But it is what it is, and we just went back to plan A and got the one we were originally planning on getting.

I got it home and set up, and boy... what a difference in the picture. I think this one was a good choice. It'll be nice for watching sports, that's for sure. I can't wait for baseball season to start.

0 comments: