Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Phone Problems

Monday night when I got home from work I was told we were having a problem with the phone.  The caller ID displayed on the TV screen when a call is incoming, but the phone itself doesn't ring, and there is no notice of a missed call, or if the person calling left a message.  So I picked it up and there was a busy signal, nothing more.  I was on the phone Sunday night when it dropped on me.  I assumed it was the U-Verse signal that was interrupted, and I finished the call on my cell phone.  But I think that was the point where things stopped working.

So Tuesday morning, I called the technical support for U-Verse from work.  The customer service person wanted to troubleshoot things with me.  One problem though, I was at work.  She asked if there was anyone at home that she could talk to in order to troubleshoot it, so I gave her Kris's cell phone number.  The problem was that Kris was just getting ready to take Alison to school.  So they weren't able to diagnose the issue.  They called back once she was home from driving Ali and they ran some sort of diagnostic and determined it was a "modem problem".  The solution to the problem was to send us a new wireless router.  The good thing is that we still have TV and internet service, but we are without a phone.  I suppose it's fine since no one ever really calls anyway, and we have our cell phones.  But if you have tried to call in the last three days and didn't get an answer, now you know why.

0 comments: