Sunday, October 14, 2012

Brick Solution

After getting the most recent mailers from the home improvement stores, Kris and I decided to try and use just some flat, tan bricks that match the style of the bricks going around the outside of the patio.  I think they match pretty well, and it is really the only option I have at this point short of completely replacing all the patio bricks.

But of course, no solution can ever be simple.  The size of the patio blocks is 16" square.  and I measured the opening of the hole where I pulled the blocks and it is about 31" x 47", so that that I won't be able to just drop blocks in.  I ran and got bricks that were 6" x 9" and I think I have them arranged to the point where I should only have to cut a couple to get them to fit right.  But of course that will require getting a new blade for my miter saw that cuts masonry.  So that is more time wasted when I could be doing something else.  I am hopeful that once I get the blade it will go quickly.  Oh, and the other thing is that these bricks are about 1" thicker than the blocks I have now.  That means I have to scrape sand out of the hole to have them fit flush. I just can't seem to catch a break with these things.

0 comments: