Sunday, October 14, 2012

Homecoming 2012

Yesterday was Sarah's first homecoming.  We met her date last weekend and then yesterday we met his parents as well as we were all were taking pictures.  I don't remember ever really going to homecoming with a date so I never had to go through the whole picture taking mess.  I am sure Sarah and Dominic felt like monkeys being told to perform on cue as we all told them to pose this way and that way. 

They came over to our house for pictures, but since we don't really have a suitable backdrop in the house and it was a rainy, windy day we couldn't go in the backyard.  Kris suggested going over by the dam on Main street since there is a gazebo there next to the river that would provide cover and a nice background setting for photos, though we did take a couple in the house too as they put their flowers on each other.
 







I tried to do some editing on a couple because I had changed the camera settings Friday at the football game to try and get pictures of Sarah cheering and forgot to set them back.  As a result, the contrast and focus was off.  I did my best, but I am no expert at photoshop obviously.  I barely have time to write blog entries, so I certainly don't have time to learn how to edit photos.

We went to the grand march, and I had the camera all set for the lighting in the auditorium, and then when they came out, there was a big spotlight on them, so they look a little washed out.

Sarah said she had a fun time at the dance.  I hope so.  She didn't want to give up too many details, at least to me.  I suppose I understand.  After all, I don't think I would have been too forthcoming with details of my activities as school dances when I was her age.

0 comments: