Sunday, October 14, 2012

School Pictures

We are still waiting to see Sarah's school pictures.  Everyone else got their's about two or three weeks ago.  Sarah was supposed to go check n the office and pick them up, which of course was such a chore, so after two weeks of hounding her, I finally called to office to find out if they were there.

The school secretary told me that all the pictures had been distributed and that all she could do was give me the number of the photo company and we would have to call them directly.  I told Kris, and she ended up calling and found out that we did not receive pictures because the order envelope was apparently empty.  Kris was sure she wrote out the check for them and we had to turn it in at the time Sarah had her picture taken.  She looked it up and got the check number and then went to check online because our bank scans all of our checks.  SHe found the check and the memo written on the check says "Sarah's school pictures" so we know that was the one written, and it was for the correct amount.  However, there was a name written in the payee area that neither of us recognized.  In fact, the handwriting is unlike mine or Kris's too.  the copies we can see look like photo copies, so it is hard to tell for sure, but it almost looks as if someone erased, or whited out the name of the photo company and wrote in their name instead, which has me a little worried.

I am going to wait until I find out what happens with the photo company, but if they don't tell me that they got their money, I may have to end up getting the police involved.  It isn't so much the money, but there are so many other things to be worried about, including identity theft.  I'll give it a couple of days and then follow up.  Hopefully I won't have to do anything further.

0 comments: