Monday, October 29, 2012

Jack O'Lanterns 2012

We were way behind with things this year, so we didn’t get pumpkins for Halloween until just this past Saturday.  I spent approximately 7 hours Sunday gutting and cutting to get this year’s jack o’lanterns ready for Halloween on Wednesday.  So without further adieu, I give you the 2012 Hahn jack o’lanterns.

Alison couldn't decide on a design, so I found a cool Cheshire Cat one and it actually turned out rather well if I do say so myself. 

Kris found this one and I didn't know if I could do it.  I think the design she found was more one that was cut into the pumpkin, and not cut out.  This presented a problem with the thin areas between the teeth.  But I think I managed to do a pretty good job with it.
 
Sarah wanted to do the Jason Voorhees hockey mask.  This was the easiest of the lot, and I actually let Sarah do a lot of it.  I didn't think it was that good until I put the light in.  I think it looks pretty spooky.

Finally, mine.  I couldn't decide on  a face to carve.  I thought all the good ones were too difficult, and the other ones I liked I had already done.  I settled on a flaming skull.  It was hard to fit it all on because with flames, the skull face had to be pretty small.  But I think it turned out pretty good all things considered.

0 comments: