Monday, October 8, 2012

Brilliant Fail

I finished the patio blocks yesterday, though I still need to put locking sand between the blocks.  That was a little bigger of a project than I anticipated.  And I think this is only temporary until Spring when I can redo the wall surrounding the blocks.  The problem?  My outer lines are not straight,  I have a huge, 1/2" to 1" gap between the blocks and the wall surrounding the patio.  I think that is way too much.  But I filled it with locking sand for now so hopefully it'll last over the winter. 

The other issue you might ask?  Well I bought a bunch of extra patio blocks a couple of years ago because I was planning on redoing it into a rectangle when the girls were too big to swing on their playset because I wanted to make sure I could match the blocks.  But I counted wrong.  I was 5 blocks short.  And of course, Home Depot does not carry that style any more.  I ended up stealing 5 of the 6 blocks that go from the apron around the porch to the patio.  I don't know what I am going to do yet to fix this issue.  So for right now there is a 3 foot by 2 foot x 2 inch deep rectangular hole next to the patio.  I guess we'll just need to be careful around it because I don't want anyone ending up breaking an ankle.

0 comments: