Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Greener Pastures

There has been some re-organizing at work (again) in the last couple of monthsso I finally made the decision to actively start looking for something new.  I had a couple of interviews that were promising in the late spring and over the summer, but unfortunately, nothing came from it.  

So far I have had a couple of hits.  I had a phone interview last week, one just yesterday, and another one scheduled for next week.  I don't think the one on Tuesday went very well.  I got a bit flustered on one or two questions and I feel like my responses left something to be desired.  The woman I met with didn't even give me the opportunity to ask questions about the position or the company, so that can't be a good sign.  After I got home I thought of better answers for the questions, and a coupe of other things that I should have tried to work into the conversation.  Oh well.  I guess I just use it as a learning experience and move on.

It was a plastics company and would have been a completely new direction for me.  Not that I wouldn't have been up to the challenge, but I think that it would have been some long hours learning a totally new process and getting up to speed on an entirely new CAD system.  The plus side would have been it was close to home, a shorter drive than I have now.  It was also a very new, modern building, so the working environment would have been great.  And finally, it was a very innovative company, so I am certain that I wouldn't have been bored.  The down side would have been that after seeing all the other people working there, I think I would have been one of the oldest people there, if not the oldest.  That is just depressing.

Who knows, I may still get a call back for a second interview, but I am not going to be holding my breath.  As I said, I will just use it as a learning experience and do better at the next one.

0 comments: