Friday, September 27, 2013

Second Interview

I was trying to figure out how to get to my second interview on Friday when Kris suggested I take a vacation day.  That way I wouldn't need to rush around.  Plus, my parents were coming down to see Sarah cheer at homecoming, and I needed to get the grass cut.  So I thought that was probably the best idea.  

I had my interview scheduled at 11:00 AM and I figured I would be there for about an hour, since the last one lasted about 40 minutes.  Well things went pretty well.  I met with the director of engineering for about a half an hour.  Then he left for a minute, and when he came back I got a tour of the company.  I thought it was very interesting.  They make  surgical tubing by plastic injection molding.  It's something that is completely outside of my comfort zone, though I think it would just be a new challenge to master.  

So after about 40 minutes or so walking through the manufacturing floor, we went back to the conference room.  I thought I was going to meet with the VP I originally met with the week before but instead, I got to meet the president, and owner of the company. 

I think things went very well.  So we'll see what happens next.  The guy I interviewed with told me that I would be hearing from them early next week or so.  So maybe things are starting to look up. 

0 comments: