Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Homecoming Prep

This year Sarah has made the decision not to go to homecoming with  date.  Instead, she is planning on going with a bunch of her friends.  In fact, the last count I heard from Sarah was 21 of her friends.  That number does, however, include a few couples who will be going with them.  I'm not sure why, if you you have a date, you would want to go with a huge group of people.  I could see double dating, or ever triple dating to go out to dinner, but with a group of 20+ people, that just seems excessive.  Then again, there are a lot of things that they are going to be happening that seem weird to me.  Kris told me things are different now as compared to when we would have gone to homecoming.  So I guess that makes me a geezer.

And now you might think that without a date we'd be getting off cheap.  Well you'd be wrong.  Sarah still needs to have a new dress (or rather needed since Kris found one a couple of weeks ago), which also means that she'll need shoes to match.  Kris found those too.  So I think she's all set.  The only thing I don't know is whether she needs a flower for her dress too.  I would say no, but then again I would have thought that without a date we wouldn't have needed to get a new dress either. 

Boys would have been so much easier.

0 comments: