Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Cheer Banquet

The 2016-2017 cheer season has now officially come to an end. We had the annual cheer banquet tonight where the girls get their awards and letters (for varsity), we review the season, watch some compilation videos, etc., and the seniors all gave their farewell speeches and thanks to the coaches. Overall it was a pretty good year. The varsity advanced at nationals for the first time in about 15 years (I’d have to actually go back and figure it out for the exact time frame) and the JV’s had a very good showing at State. The only big disappointment (in my opinion) was the varsity’s performance at State. But I don’t fault the varsity, I fault the judging. I believe they should have placed at least third. I think they got screwed, but it’s over and done with.

Now we have a short break until tryouts for next year. They usually happen around the end of May, but preparation will start before that, usually about a month ahead of time. So we finally get to relax a little bit, if only for a short time.

0 comments: