Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spectrum WiFi

For the last couple of months, Kris has been losing her wifi connection on her computer and the girls have complained about the connection dropping when trying to watch Netflix, or do homework.  I had initially chalked it up to too many devices wanting bandwidth.  For the last couple of weeks I tried rebooting the router, and running the troubleshooting app thru my phone to reset the router.  I had finally had enough when we were unable to connect any devices, phones, computers, tablets, etc. to the wifi even after rebooting, so I called the tech support.  After talking to them for a good 20 minutes or so, they had remotely reset it and told me if I had any more problems to call back right away since their diagnostics were showing nothing was wrong.  DUH! I could have told them that the wifi was working fine when I called!

Then today when I got home from work we had no wifi yet again, so I dialed up Spectrum to get them on it.  After about 30 minutes of playing around, trying to remotely access it and not being able to, they said they would need to send out a technician because they believed there was definitely something wrong with my router.  Again, DUH!

So now I have an appointment to have a guy come out this Saturday morning and have a look at things.  We’re running now, but it is still going to be spotty for the next couple of days.  

0 comments: