Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Cheer Showcase

The cheer season officially came to an end with the cheer showcase tonight.  As always, the teams all do a performance, and the varsity girls demonstrate some of the basic moves/stunts that they use.  We also got to do the annual father-daughter routine.  This year though, there was one parent who was annoyingly in my way when I was trying to take pictures of Ali.  Somehow, this clown has taken it upon himself to be the “unofficial” photographer for all of cheer even though his daughter is still only in junior high.  I think the guy is rather creepy, always lurking about, and I am too nice of a person to get in his face over it.  I figure if the coaches have a problem they’ll say something to him.  I would like to think that the guy would at the very least be courteous enough to allow other parents to take photos, or video, of their children as they see fit.  Why does he think that HE is the one who needs to take pictures?  He was walking around without any regard to any of the other parents in the bleachers.  I had a couple of shots of Ali I could have taken, but was unable to because he was strolling around. This is just one:



What a D-bag!  One reason I didn’t much care was it was the showcase, and essentially just a practice.  But if this were a competition, then you can bet I would have been angry!

Since Kris didn't know how to use the good camera, there are no pictures of the father-daughter routine this year.  Sorry. But here are a few pictures from their routine:








0 comments: