Thursday, June 22, 2017

Donating Blood

One of the things I like to do is donate blood whenever I can.  I have been blessed with pretty good health, so as many chances as I can I will sign up for local blood drives.  We don’t have many opportunities to make a difference in this world but this is one small thing I can to do help people.

So for the last week or so, I have been getting messages from the Red Cross about an upcoming blood drive that was being held at the public library.  I have learned that they usually have spots filled all day and if you wanted to just walk in off the street, a lot of the time you are not able to do so, or you end up waiting forever, so I try to register ahead of time.  This one I wasn’t sure I could do because of work, but a couple days before I found out I wouldn’t have a problem getting there to donate, so I went to the Red Cross website to register.

Well apparently the Red Cross doesn’t want me to donate.  Why you might ask?  Because when I try to log in to register for a time, I am told that my password doesn’t work.  I don’t know why it wouldn’t work since I have used it plenty of times in the past, but I figured, OK, I’ll just click “I Forgot My Password”.  I am taken to a page that says I am being emailed a temporary password however, that email never shows up.  I have been waiting for two days now, and the blood drive is tomorrow, which means I can in no way go donate blood now.  As soon as I finish posting this, I will be sending a nasty email to the Red Cross blasting them for apparently not wanting my blood, and see what they have to say.

0 comments: