Saturday, June 17, 2017

Summer To Do List

I am starting the summer to do list around the house, and there is lots to do.  Since we got the patio blocks sealed and the fence washed (at least the bad side), the next thing (and probably easiest) is to get the gutters and aluminum trim around the windows cleaned.  For whatever reason, that stuff just seems to pick up dirt like a magnet, and I don’t think I have ever really scrubbed them down.  I may have just sprayed them when cleaning the siding, but never gone all out to get the gutters and trim a bright white again.  Plus, the caulk I used around the windows a few years ago when it was cracking is “paintable” which means it picks up dirt.  Other windows that didn’t need the caulk redone looks like it is silicone and not paintable so it is still shiny white.

Kris looked up the best way to clean gutters and found something that said Simple Green, undiluted, works well.  I also found some “Super Clean” cleaner is even better.  I actually used a mixture of both, and it seems to have worked very well.  It took the dark, dirt deposits right off and brightened everything up.  It also helped clean the mess stuck to the lights and siding on the garage from the robin’s nest that was there for a month.  It didn’t do much for the white, paintable caulk though.  SO I still need to look into how to scrub that.  It may take actually getting some white latex paint and actually painting it.  But that is going to be a last resort.

0 comments: