Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Samsung's Last Leg

As has been previously reported, the Samsung 55” has been acting up.  I hadn’t seen any problems for a week or so, but yesterday when I turned it on in the morning, it wouldn’t power up; it just did the on-off clicking thing.  This continued for about an hour and a half until I left for work.  IN that time I must have pulled the plug 5 or 6 times and then tried turning it back on, but never had any luck.  The girls were gone all day and they had unplugged it in the morning before they left, so when Kris got home she plugged it back in, and it still took about 20-25 minutes until the picture finally came up.

Now this morning, I turned it on when I got up to see the news, and after about 5 minutes, the picture went blank and it started doing the on-off clicking.  It lasted about an hour, and a few different cycles of pulling the plug.  The picture finally came back for about a minute, then disappeared again.  After about another 15 minutes, it came back, but by then I was leaving for work, so I just shut it off.  Hopefully it will work later tonight, but I think it may be time to go look and see about getting a replacement.  The only good thing is that a model identical to the one we have now is about 50% of what this one cost brand new.  Though I don’t know if I would go with a Samsung again.  I know that our Amazon Prime Video will not work with it, and with the problems they have had with their phones, it just seems like it might not be the best idea to get another one.  

0 comments: