Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Nice Memorial

Sarah got out of work early today so she could go to her friend’s memorial service.  I don’t know if he had a funeral, or was cremated, or what.  But his family had a big celebration of his life at a park where there was food, games, etc.  I thought that was a nice change.  It is sad when someone passes, but I think that by turning it into a celebration of life rather than focusing on the loss goes a long way to help dealing with the grief.

When Sarah got home we asked how it was, and she said, it was a really nice memorial.  She showed Kris a video of a balloon launch in his name/honor.  I didn’t get to see it, but Sarah was all smiles showing it to Kris.  Maybe if it is on youtube or facebook, I can link it.  I am just happy that she seems to be dealing with it well. 

0 comments: