Friday, August 25, 2017

New Google Street View

I was driving home tonight and when I got to the stoplight to turn left, I saw the Google car coming at me in the opposite direction.  It turns out that it turns right at the light, so that when I turned left, I was right behind it.  So I thought, cool, I am going to follow it and maybe I’ll end up on the Street View again.  It ended up turning on the street that goes by the Jr. High and I thought, perfect, I’ll follow for a block or two and then head home without really having to go out of my way. 

Unfortunately, there was construction in the road in from of the Jr. High (I don’t know if we have any streets not under construction right now!), so it had to turn around, which also meant I did too, along with my shot at being on the Google Street view again. 

It turns out that the Google car went back out to Appleton Avenue, and then turned right onto our street, so I was able to follow it past Pop’s and all the way up the hill.  It went up to Menomonee Avenue and then turned right I think, but I was behind it all the way until I turned into the driveway.  Now I will need to make sure that I keep checking back to see if we get a new street view of our house.  The last one was done in October of 2016, so it would seem strange to have another one done so soon, but who knows.

0 comments: