Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bad News At Work

Things are slowing way down at work. This week our office had a meeting where the CFO laid out was happening with the company. About two weeks ago, we had to lay off about 10 people out in the shop in an attempt to cut costs. We are also cutting out our third shift and moving those people to second shift. There will only be a skeleton crew (2 or 3 machinists) working third shift. This is the first time in the 39 year history of the company that they have had to lay off employees, so it was a particularly hard ting to have to do.

After going over all of this, we still have to cut more, and that is going to entail layoffs in the office. We only have (18) office personnel so I don’t know how many people will get cut, but I do know that certain people are safe, such as the CFO, President, etc. Hopefully, being the head of the QA Dept. And the fact that I just got a couple of new assignments/projects yesterday, that means my job is safe for now. The reorganization/restructuring of responsibilities n the office will be happening next week, so I hope by next Friday I can still say I am collecting a paycheck. In any event, I believe it is time to make sure my resume is updated and start sending out some feelers for other opportunities that are more stable.

0 comments: