Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It Must Be Fall

I know that autumn is near when I end up having to reseal the driveway, which is what I spent all day Saturday and Sunday doing. What a way to waste a beautiful weekend (about the best weekend of the year BTW, good thing it happened before school started.... Oh wait. Nevermind).

Once I got home from work, Saturday was spent patching the huge cracks in the blacktop in an effort to make the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle known as my driveway stick together for another year. Actually, after the bobcats and dump trucks that moved up and down the driveway last year while replacing the garage, I don’t believe it stayed together as well as it has.

Once I finished patching Sunday morning, I spent the afternoon putting down (2) coats of sealer. Man, did my back ache with all the stooping over and reaching trying to spread the tar evenly. What I wouldn’t give for a body about 10 years younger, either that or some heavy duty ibuprofen.

0 comments: