Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crummy Week

What a crummy week we (I) have. Kris's uncle died on Sunday, so we have the funeral tomorrow (Wednesday). I was supposed to have today off but I had to cancel my vacation day because we have some important stuff happening at work this week. We have an order for GE that HAS to ship out by the end of the week. We all pretty much feel that the future of our relationship with GE rests on these (4) particular parts. They are going to Hong Kong and HAVE to be on site for an outage on 9/13, which means that we have to have them shipped overnight by Tuesday, 9/8. We had some work to do finishing them yet and they were supposed to go out today to a third party inspection house for verifying but we were/are behind and only (2) went today, the other two are going out tomorrow. I need to be there to see that everything goes off smoothly, so I really can't afford to be gone for half the day tomorrow.

So as a compromise, I am going in at 3:30 tomorrow morning so i can be home by about 8:00, then we'll go to the funeral (wake starts at 9:15, funeral mass at 11:00). After the mass I have to go with Kris to a luncheon, and then when that is over I go back to work. Hopefully I'll be home by 7:00 or 8:00 p.m. Then it looks like another long day on Thursday, and Friday is Jr. Indians night at the High School. I was hoping to get the driveway sealed on Saturday, but now who knows? I really need about two more days this week to get everything done!

0 comments: