Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sarah's Retainers

After three long years, Sarah is finally braces-free.  She got them off yesterday and now has two retainers, one on top, and one below.  They aren't like the retainers I remember, they are clear trays, like those invisiline braces.  Sarah has to wear them now for the next month, round the clock unless she is eating or brushing her teeth.  Then she goes back and the orthodontist will tell her when she needs to wear them.  Kris says she'll have to wear them (the retainers) for the rest of her life now, it's just a matter of how often.  I don't remember that being the way braces were supposed to go, but hopefully it'll be something like only having to wear them at night when she is sleeping. 

She had to go to the dentist to get her teeth cleaned later in the day.  Kris told me that the dentist gave Sarah a lecture about making sure she wears them, and emphasized the fact that we spent a lot of money to make sure her teeth were straight and she now has a beautiful smile and she better make sure she doesn't wreck them.  Good job Dr. Stark!  I hope that'll sink in because I told her the same thing and I got pooh-poohed.

0 comments: